Sheila is an experienced policy analyst and lawyer. Her background in research and consulting for companies and governments in East Africa, the Horn of Africa and Southern Africa, enables her to provide regulatory advice from both a commercial and public sector perspective. He specialization is in Trade and Investment Law, Energy law, Financial Regulation and Procurement law.
- Anti-money laundering
- Financial laws and regulations/compliance
- Energy Law;
- International trade and investment law
- Public Private Partnerships (PPPs);
- Policy development and analysis
- Legislative drafting
- Co-drafting the Financial Institutions, Takaful and National Payment Systems law
- Drafting the Roads law and Axle Load Control law for Somalia
- Drafting the new Company law for the Government of Somalia, funded by the World Bank.
- Training the Somalia Government delegation on the new Companies Bill in September 2018.
- Undertaking an in-depth analysis of the Political Economy of the Tripartite Free Trade Area focusing on the anchor states of Egypt, Kenya and South Africa.
- Undertaking research on behalf of OECD on the Renewable Energy Tariff (REFIT) in South Africa.
- Co-developing a training programme on Economic Diplomacy for the South African Government’s foreign affairs cadets.
- Exploring and outlining Government policies and business practices in support of a low carbon economy in South Africa.