Robert is a seasoned commercial law practitioner, litigator and academic. He has taught Company and Business Law at the University of Nairobi and Strathmore University since the year 2008 and had published various books on company and business law. He is the firm lead on complex commercial transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring, private equity financing and commercial disputes.
- Aviation Law
- Banking Law
- Corporate and Commercial law;
- Competition Law
- Energy Law
- Intellectual Property law
- Private Equity
- Public Private Partnership (PPPs);
- Civil and Criminal Litigation.
- Acting for Safaricom Ltd and responsible for advising the company on corporate, commercial and telecoms legal matters.
- Acting in a matter in which we were setting up a Joint Venture between a Kenyan company and a French company our role included creating a Special Purpose Vehicle to carry out renewable energy projects in Kenya.
- Acting in a matter in which we were negotiating the financing of the Special Purpose Vehicle by a Europe based clean energy fund in this matter, we leveraged on a combination of pre-sale of Verified Emission Reduction Credits (VERs) and equity.
- Acting in a matter which involved the negotiation and drafting of Emission Reduction Agreements.
- Preparing and reviewing of documents for registration of the renewable energy project under the Clean Development Mechanism Board which was under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- Advising airlines and aircraft leasing companies.
- Advising a range of Bank Clients.