The firm has wide experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, Competition Law, Corporate and Sovereign Financing, Banking, Aviation, Intellectual Property law, Corporate Restructuring, ESOPs and Commercial contacts.
Corporate & Commercial Practice
Some of the highlighted Corporate & Commercial matters
- Advised on a PPP concession contract for the Kenyan Northern Corridor (a key regional transport route linking Burundi, DRC, South Sudan and Uganda) and the financing to expand it, by the International Development Association and the African Development Bank (as part of the negotiating team).
- Part of a global team of lawyers that drafted a Petroleum Model Production Sharing Agreement for Federal Republic of Somalia.
- Acted as the lead legal adviser in the first Sharia-compliant listing on the Nairobi Securities Exchange of our client Kurwitu Ventures.
- Advised Safaricom Limited as external counsel and did regular due diligence on its business partners and completed close to 600 legal audits. We also helped manage the company’s contracts and provided corporate law support to its legal department.
- Acted for Freedom Airlines (the Airline) before the Competition Authority of Kenya. We also advised the Airline on the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority’s air transport regulations and helped them ensure that they are in compliance of the regulations.
- Advised clients on the setting up of registered ESOPs at the Capital Markets Authority and the Kenya Revenue Authority.